Re: [Ietf-calsify] dtstart and date vs datetime

From: Eliot Lear <lear@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:15:04 +0200
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: ietf-calsify@osafoundation.org, RDF Calendar <www-rdf-calendar@w3.org>

Hi Dan,

I'm a little confused by your message.  On the one hand, you're confused
by what also appears to me to be a broken example in 4.8.6.3.  It seems
to me that you found a bug, and that the example should at least
indicate "VALUE=DATE".  On the other hand, I don't understand how you
ended up with the following:

Dan Connolly wrote:
> I just discovered that some code I wrote will produce this:
> 2006-08-04T::
>
> Given this input:
>
> DTSTART:20060804

Under what circumstances do you end up with either a dash ("-") in the
date specification or a pair of colons ("::")?

Thanks,

Eliot