Re: Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium

On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 11:55 +0000, Libby Miller wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Danny Ayers wrote:
> >
> > Material pasted below from Robin Cover's newsletter.
> >
> > Any rdf-calendar folks involved? If not, why not?(!)

Did you see the CFP just a few days prior?
  Call for Participantion -- Second Calconnect Interop - 11-12 January
2005 - Seattle, Washington
  David C. Thewlis (Thursday, 2 December)
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2004Dec/0000.html

I was considering going to, but couldn't spare the travel time.
Matt May is based in Seattle, though, and MIT is a member, so he's
going as my eyes/ears, to some parts of the meeting, anyway.

> interesting. I look forward to all the problems being solved then :)
>
> Doesn't seem to be related to
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

Actually, it is.

see http://www.calconnect.org/tc-calsify.html

An interesting thing about the calconnect consortium is they're
in the "we don't do standards" mode that W3C passed thru a while
ago, according to their IPR policy:

  "The Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium does not intend to be a
standards-setting organization."
  -- http://www.calconnect.org/iprpolicy.html

But if this TC charter isn't about standardization, I dunno what is:

"The goal of the Recurr Technical Committee is to define what a
recurring meeting is, map out how the participating vendors have
implemented recurrances, and see if we can draw from this exercise a
common ground for interoperability of recurrances across all vendors.
This recommendation will then be presented to the Calendaring and
Scheduling Consortium in April 2005."
  -- http://www.calconnect.org/tc-recurr.html

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E