Re: Schedule and Events Conflicts Management in RDF

Le 05-08-26 à 10:28, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> Yes, I've done stuff similar to that.

Yes I have seen things, but I don't fully understand them. I got the
idea but I don't see how to be free myself with them.
>> An example is given here.
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2005Aug/0090.html
>>
>> Should I continue the discussion there or here?
>
> Here, I hope.
> More later when my attention isn't divided, I hope...

Excellent.
I'm trying to dump here my own thoughts. When it's optional because
more complicated I put []

Facts:
     - Movie Films Festival
     - 20 or so rooms
     - 10 days of festival
     - around 300 movies
     - movies playing from 9am to midnight
     - one movie is often scheduled 3 or 4 times during the week.

Rules to organize your schedule:
     - select all movies you *would like* to watch
     [- give time constraints, ex: not free from this time to this time]
     [- two persons and you would like to maximize the movies you
want to see together]

Rules to select movies:
     There's a list of all movies and their different showing in a
calendar.
     Each showing is an individual event (individual id)

     1. Go through the list of events and check for each of them
their conflict status.
         if no conflict, conflictStatus = 0
         if 1 conflict, conflictStatus = (1, EventID)
         if 2 conflicts, conflictStatus = (2, EventID1, EventID2)
         …
     2. Go date by date, and select each events which have
conflictStatus = 0
         you get a list of selected events (EventID) with MovieID
     3. Remove from the calendar events
         with a ConflictStatus > 0 and where movieID part of the
selected events list.
     4. Repeat the process 1 to 3. until there's
         no more EventsID with ConflictStatus >0
     5. Difficult cases
         * Distribution
         - MovieID-1 and MovieID-2 are in conflicts on two differents
moments
             -> Resolution pick up on one time
                and pick the second one on the other time
         - Same thing but with three movies.
         * Unsolvable conflicts
         - You really have to choose the movie you will not be able
to see, because it's impossible to see it. This could be solved
somehow with priority management. When you have selected your list of
movies you could give a scale from 1 to 3.
         1. To see
         2. Maybe
         3. Wellll if really I have time
         The scale could be also a way to propose more watching. "Hey
there's a hole in your schedule, you might want to see that movie
which is proposed at that time."

I think with these rules it might be possible to organize the
schedule and be an happy festival participant.  ;)

The big question is how I do that in RDF/n3

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***