Re: [Ietf-caldav] xCal - resubmitted.

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 11:08 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
[...]
> > Copies of the draft at:
> >
> >     http://INET-Consulting.com/draft-royer-calsch-xcal-01.txt
> >     http://INET-Consulting.com/draft-royer-calsch-xcal-01.html
> >     http://INET-Consulting.com/draft-royer-calsch-xcal-01.xml
> Just two quick formal comments...:
>
> 1) Is it intentional that in the examples, the iCalendar container
> element is in no namespace?
>
> 2) I don't think the IETF will let you use something like
> "http://ietf.org/rfc/rfcXXXX.txt" as namespace name;

Right; I gather Best Current Practice is...

[[[
If the registrant wishes to
   have a URI assigned, then a URN of the form

      urn:ietf:params:xml:<class>:<id>

   will be assigned where <class> is the type of the document being
   registered (see below).
]]]
 -- http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3688.html

Meanwhile, you can get an http namespace name from W3C if you like:

"W3C provides the service of allocating and maintaining persistent URIs
so that those URIs remain stable during discussions. Allocation does not
imply any endorsement by W3C of the related specifications."
 -- http://www.w3.org/1999/10/nsuri

see for example http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom

>  but if they do, you
> probably should use "http://ietf.org/rfc/rfcXXXX" (no extension) instead.

Actually I think the .txt form is more official:

[[
The full
   text of the specification is then available using the following URL:

      http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfcNNNN.txt

   where "NNNN" is the number of the RFC being submitted.
]]
 -- section 3.4.2 Submitting IETF Documents to JTC1
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3563.txt

The /rfc/rfcXXXX form is supported by accident, as far as I can tell.

> Best regards, Julian

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E