Re: SKiCal spec.

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Gary McGath wrote:

> >Hi!
> >
> >For those of you interested in calendars for public events (Concerts,
> >theatre plays, sports games, religiuos meetings, exhibitions...) there
> >is a new version of the SKiCal specification (which is an iCalendar
> >profile) available at
> >
> >http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-ical-ski-06.txt
>
> This looks extremely useful!  I've been wrapping a Web application
> around Sosigenes (http://www.mcgath.com/sosigenes), with plans for
> commercial marketing, and have increasingly noted deficiencies in trying
> to use iCalendar for calendars of the kind you describe (to which I'd
> add science fiction conventions).
>
> SkiCal is defined only in terms of pure (non-XML) RFC2445, but the
> incorporation of its additional features into a superset of xCal appears
> to be straightforward.

I haven't heard of any implementations as yet (and I suspect most of the
publicly available RFC2445 parsers/libraries would barf on the
properties according to the last spec that I read; not for any bad
reasons though - it's just they wouldn't recognise them as valid/legal)

> Is there a mailing list for SkiCal discussions?

Yes, http://www.skical.org/eng/maillist_eng.html

It's very quiet as far as I can tell.

Yours
Mark