RE: iCalendar recurring schedules

Hi Rahul,

I think we mostly concur.  One follow-up point (from memory, so apologies
if I get some details wrong)...

At 04:07 PM 12/13/02 -0500, Rahul Singh wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Your comments definitely got me thinking. Here are some caveats ...
>
> > 1.  Use of ical:DATE as a property (on VCALENDAR object);  I
> > believe it's
> > declared as a class.
>
>I assume the ical:DATE you refer to is under the ical:UNTIL property
>that gives the limit of the recurrence of the schedule. Looking at the
>ontology, the Domain of #UNTIL (property under RECUR) is #RECUR and the
>range is of type class #TimeEntry. And DATE is a subclass of TimeEntry.
>Now this seems valid according to the intology but im not sure if I
>should have a property under DATE which actually holds the value rather
>than put the value under in the DATE tags themselves as follows...
>
><ical:DATE>20020502</ical:DATE>
>
>The comment in the Ontology mentions using the above format or the
>XMLSchema datatypes. Maybe what I'm confused about is whether leaf nodes
>of an RDF graph should always be properties (intuitively this seems to
>be the way to go, but Im not sure).

I think an extra property should be inserted somewhere (e.g. like the
VEVENT and VEVENT-PROP pattern).  The *leaf* nodes should be nodes, not
properties.  When using a literal, the element *content* is the node.  When
using a typed-node, the entire element is the node; e.g.

   <ex:Event>
     <ex:date-property-1>20020502</ex:date-property-1>
   </ex:Event>

and

   <ex:Event>
     <ex:date-property-2>
       <ex:Date-value rdf:about="ex://example.org/date/20020502">
     </ex:date-property-2>
   </ex:Event>

See also:

   http://www.w3.org/2001/10/stripes/