Re: Events schema

[sorry about the cross-post]

hi Judith,

We've been working on something that sounds like what you want in the
rdf calendar taskforce [1][2]. We have a draft version of icalendar [3],
the main standard for calendaring, in RDF [4], and I've started to
separate out this very long schema into sections, to make it easier for
people to use. There's a very draft "core" set of properties and classes
[5] as an experiment to see if these are useful as a group. They could
be used in an rss 1.0 channel for example [6].

I've done some content examples for various conferences [7]
illustrating how different namespaces could be combined for describing
calendar events, but note that the schema is in flux and may not be
consistent.

Relatedly, there is also an XML DTD for icalendar [8], and for a simpler
rss channel version see the proposed rss events module [9].

I hope this helps - I'd be interested to know what you think.

all the best

Libby Miller

[1] www-rdf-calendar@w3.org
[2] http://ilrt.org/discovery/2001/04/calendar