Re: relationship to iCalendar

On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 04:24:30PM +0100, Libby Miller wrote:
> > Hrm. what's wrong with sticking close to iCalendar?
> We fully intend that documents written in rdf-cal format (or whatever we
> decide to call it) will be mappable to iCalendar format and
> vice-versa.
ok, good :)

[...]
> Also the capitalisation of names in iCalendar will probably
> change in rdf-cal because the convention in RDF is to give classes a
> first capital letter and have properties in lower case. These again are
> all fairly trivial.
Note that the last paragraph of section 4.1 reads:

   All names of properties, property parameters, enumerated property
   values and property parameter values are case-insensitive. However,
   all other property values are case-sensitive, unless otherwise
   stated.

[...]
> More fundamental is the difficulty that iCalendar may not give us all
> that we may want from descriptions of events.
Hopefully you will be working with the CALSCH WG to solve this on both
sides.

Martijn