Re: [mSQL] Re: Web Interface to a (free/cheap) sql Unix Database

 Alex Tang writes:

 > I was wondering, I want to put together an (cheap/free) SQL database on a
 > Unix host.  I also want to have the "interface" be a web browser.  I've
 > seen a couple of interfaces that allow a user to query/search the
 > database (typical search stuffs), but I haven't seen on that provides the
 > users with full access to the database (like a "real" interface would.  i
 > want to be able to enter/modify/search/output data through the web
 > interface).

Have a look at mSQL and WDB.  Recent versions of WDB have support for
mSQL.  I've never used WDB but have been told that it's a great Web/SQL
gateway tool.  Either that or you can get any of the script API modules
for mSQL access (available for Perl, Tcl/Tk, Python, ESL and soon REXX)
and write your own CGI's in the language of your choice.

mSQL is available from ftp://Bond.edu.au/pub/Minerva/msql.  The script
language interfaces are in /pub/Minerva/msql/Contrib.  You'll have to ask
archie about WDB.

   __                                  David J. Hughes  -  Bambi@Bond.edu.au
  /  \               /  /   /             http://Bond.edu.au/People/bambi
/   \ /  \ / \ /   /  /   / / \  /   Senior Network Programmer, Bond University
\___/ \__//  / \__/   \__/ /  / /    Qld.   4229   AUSTRALIA    (+61 75 951450)