From: www-ql-request@w3.org [mailto:www-ql-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
Wu, Emma
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:02 AM
To: www-ql@w3.org
Subject: XQuery Update to return values

Hi,

The problem I am trying to solve is that with XQuery Update faicility, I
will update an element and at the same time, I want the same element to
be returned. Something like the following:

1. update a book element's author

2. return the updated book element

Is there a way to do it in one query instead of two separate queries?
And it looks like update expression does not return anything

Thanks,

Emma

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.