Re: XQuery Update to return values

Emma:

If I am not mistaken, you can use a Transform expression, which will
return a value back.
Something like this:

let $var := fn:doc("works-mod.xml")/works[1]/employee[1]
let $var1 := <pnum>P1-1</pnum>
return
  transform
   copy $newVar := $var
   modify do replace $newVar/pnum[1] with $var1
   return $newVar

Thanks,
Carmelo