RE: XQuery Update Facility - Transaction Expressions

From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 06:12:55 -0800
To: "TAN Kuan Hui" <kuanhui@xemantics.com>, "Jonathan Robie" <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>, <www-ql@w3.org>

This has been factored in, in that we have the notion of a snapshot at
the top-level statement which needs to guarantee certain consistency
constraints.

Note that we expect the update language to be used in many different
transaction environments and thus do not define a single transactional
semantics. This means you could use the statements in a fully
serializable transaction, or in an optimistic CC environment.

Best regards
Michael