Re: on "Make readable URIs": don't rely on users to remember/type URIs

On Feb 4, 2005, at 1:42, Dominique Hazaël-Massieux wrote:
>>   Draft - Make readable URIs
>>   http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/readable-uri
>
> This draft has been indeed not accepted in its current state; I've
> updated its status to reflect that. Meanwhile, an updated draft has
> been
> proposed:
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2004/08/readable-uri

Even this updated draft does not manage to gather any kind of consensus
on some of its principles.
Meanwhile, another tip already addresses the issue of caution before
creating a new URI:
http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/uri-choose

Perhaps the readable-uri tip should simply be dropped.

--
olivier