Re: Suggesting a tip (link/hypertext authoring)

Bonjour David.

On Oct 17, 2004, at 4:26, David Latapie wrote:
> First, I don't know if you'll get this message as I didn't find any
> place to actually subscribe to the list.

Well, you don't have to subscribe, but if you want to, you're welcome
to do so.
There is information on how to subscribe at the bottom of
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa/ for instance:
[[
Send a mail to www-qa-request@w3.org with "Subject: subscribe" to
subscribe to this list.
unsubscribe from this list.
]]

> I wrote a paper some time ago in French about what I consider to be
> good practice.
> <http://blog.empyree.org/?2004/02/12/191-manuel-de-style>

First, thanks for submitting your thoughts here. In your original blog
post you stated you weren't happy with the state of the "no click here"
tip [1], which by all means is OK, and it's even better that you're
also suggesting improvements. Bravo.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere

The tip could certainly benefit from some polishing.

> And now for the submission (text then HTML version)

My main question is whether you're really suggesting adding a new tip
for link authoring, improvements to the "no click here"... or both.
Because the way to read and review your suggestion vary very much then.

If you're suggesting a new tip, then you need a theme, and a catchy
one. Maybe something along the lines of "Web pages that can read like a
book".

If you're suggesting an amendment to the existing tip, better be short.
The tips must not get very large, and the "noclick" here is already a
bit big - although it should be easy to make the "example" a little
less verbose, giving more space for a good practices section between
the "What a link means" and "An example" sections. If so, what would
be, in a nutshell, the message you want to carry across?

Thanks,
--
olivier