Re: Proposed Quality Tip -- Time in URIs (was URI Usability)

I also agree with Olivier's points.

It occurs to me that it might be useful to provide some examples of unusual
occurences.  For example I sometimes use URIs which have a month and year date
(if the day is unclear).  The draft tip does not cover this.  ISmilarly I also
sometime use just years (e.g. for talks at annual conferences, such as
WWW-2003).

There is also a need sometimes to use periouids of time e.g. a URI containing
news items for 2004, for April 2004, for April 2003-2004, etc. How should these
be covered.

Rather than getting bogged down in such complexity, it might be better if the
draft tip reduces its scope by saying the tip covers the use of simple date
fields in URIs and does not cover periods, etc.

It's clearly essential that the tip does not say MUST - as Oliview has
explained.

Brian

--
Brian Kelly