Re: Recommendations, and W3C Policy

Hi Jeremy,

Le mardi, 9 sep 2003, à 09:03 America/Montreal, Jeremy Carroll a écrit :
> Many (all?) of the QA documents intend to constrain other specs, WGs
> etc
> e.g.
>
> "A new or rechartering Working Group MUST define its QA commitment
> level in
> its Charter; "

The issue is a bit different. We do not impose things here. We do NOT
say "All W3C WGs MUST recharter and define its QA commitment...."

You can read it like that.

If a WG decides to apply the QA Framework, it will have to comply to
certain things like modifying the charter. It means that it will be a
choice of the WG itself or not.

We believe in the self-assesment to QA, and we hope that the CR phase,
which will start very soon for QA Ops Guidelines, will be a way to
achieve that. If WGs want and are able to apply by themselves the QA
Ops Guidelines, we will have a success. If it's too partial or not
implemented at all, or with strong difficulties, it means we have a bad
document, and we will have to work again.

What we are asking now: "Just try and tell us."

> While I do not believe it is in order to make a formal comment at the
> moment, I will make this comment at the next appropriate opportunity.

You are welcome to push your comments again.

W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***