Re: Should SpecGL be a spec?

Alex,

I think we (QAWG and authors) agree completely, practice what we
preach.  We are aware that this (2nd published) WD falls short in a number
of ways.  You have pointed out a number of issues that fall in this
category.  SpecGL will certainly be conforming by Last Call
(anticipated:  1-Feb-2003) -- I can't imagine that we'd have the nerve to
put out a document with our names on it otherwise!

As an exercise, one of the QAWG members will be measuring SpecGL against
itself.  This may happen against this draft, or against the next published
draft (anticipated:  1-nov-2002), or both.

Thanks for the comment,
-Lofton.