Re: Testable assertion tagging for W3C specifications

scott_boag@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Too often we think
> of the specification as prose.  What it really must be is

This is a strong assertion that may be true but probably requires some
supporting evidence.  In my experience the human-readability of a spec
is an important factor in its successful uptake by the community.  XML
1.0 is admittedly a counter-example, but should I ever undertake another
large-scale core-technology spec editing assignment, I'd put a lot more
energy into the prose.

Having said all that, the testable-assertions hypothesis probably merits
serious investigation.  I'm not sure it merits immediate adoption. -Tim