Re: Existing standard for testable requirements?

David,

Thanks for the reference...

At 04:40 PM 3/7/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Is anyone on this list familiar with IEEE STD-830-1998?
>I just saw it mentioned as a standard for expressing requirements.
>Would it have any relevance to W3C QA?

Possibly so, but I had never heard of it.  I found the source at [1].  It
is from IEEE's Software Engineering Standards Committee, and the title is
"IEEE Recommended Practice for Software Requirements Specifications".

If anyone is familiar with it and wanted to give a synopsis of
applicability to conformance requirements in W3C standards ... such a
contribution would be very welcome.

-Lofton.

[1] http://137.94.177.60/archive/eee583/2000/papers/IEEE-STD-830-1998.pdf