RE: W3C QA news now a RSS feed

Following on from my previous message a colleague informs me that the
W3C QA RSS feed not only contains RSS elements, but also some additional
ones (span, br, etc.).  Our RSS application uses the XML-RSS-0.97 parser
from CPAN and it gives the message:

  Malformed RSS: invalid version
  at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 462

This would appear to be a problem with someone's code, and therefore
out-of-scope for the QA group (but you may wish to know if your news
feed can't be read!).  However I think it does raise an issue concerning
the testing of extensible formats, which presumably should be in scope.

I guess Dominique and Eric Miller, W3C might also be interested in this,
so I've copied the message to them.

Note that RSS 1.0 isn't a W3C format (although it's based on RDF).  I'm
mailed the RSS-DEV list (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rss-dev/) as they
may be able to provide further info.

Brian

PS the main W3C news feed includes a CSS (not XSLT) style sheet, but
this isn't the reason for the problem, as I incorrectly suggested in my
initial posting.

http://www.w3.org/QA/Overview.rss gives me IE's view of a valid XML file
but http://www.w3.org/2000/08/w3c-synd/home.rss
gives me formatted output.

Anyway I think there is a QA issue here!

Brian
Brian Kelly
UK Web Focus
UKOLN