Re: W3C's XHTML QA plan

Just to be clear... While this project involves people from the HTML
Working Group, and while we will give the results to the W3C membership
when we are done, it is not a W3C project.  We needed to fund the
project, and we found a way to do it.  Early access is the carrot that
is getting people to pony up some funds to get the development work
done.  Once it is done, we will make it available to all W3C members.

This is farily common practice in the standards industry.  If the W3C
had chosen to fund this project, we wouldn't need to do it this way.
They didn't.  So we do.  I don't like it, but I don't really have a
choice.

--
Shane P. McCarron				Inet: shane@aptest.com
Managing Director				Phone: +1 763 786-8160 x120