(unknown charset) Re: conformance vs. compliance

On 9 Aug 2002, Dominique [ISO-8859-1] Hazaël-Massieux wrote:

> What about an entry to the Glossary stating that compliance is a synonym
> of conformance that the QA WG doesn't encourage to use? It would both
> avoid that this question arises again and sets the idea clear on which
> word should be used.

If QA WG doesn't encourage something, it would be a good policy to
explain why. So far, I have not seen any objective reasons why one
word should be preferred to another. Perhaps listing both as synonyms
is sufficient, and there is no real need for adding more subjective
restrictions?

Alex.