Re: Is standarisation of Web terminology in scope for QA?

At 11:55 +0200 2001-10-22, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
>  > I've recently joined the QA IG mailing list and have a question.
>
>Welcome Brian!

Bis Repetita.

>  > W3C did do some work in this area some time ago, as part of the Web
>>  Characterisation activity - but this work stopped some time ago.
>
>Yes, the latest draft is
>   Web Characterization Terminology & Definitions Sheet
>   W3C Working Draft 24-May-1999
>   http://www.w3.org/1999/05/WCA-terms/
>
>>  Would addressing this issue be within the scope of the QA activity?   I
>>  guess the "Coordination with External Groups" would support dialogue
>>  with the Web Advertising and the Web Auditing Community standardisation
>>  work.
>
>We have a glossary of QA terms as part of our deliverable, so this
>could be part of it (the objects of QA).

I would add that this list could be a good start to define words and
discuss them. So I encourage people to propose words and propose
definition on them. Just put a flag on the subject of the email like

[glossary] Web terms

So if people are not interested by this formal definition, they will
be able to filter the messages.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/