Re: .html? File Extensions Perhaps Not So Harmful

Sean wrote:

> Even the W3C use ".html" extensions, and even when you chop the file
> extension off of one of their URIs, you can still reach it at the same
> location with the file extensions. This means, due to the W3C persistence
> policy, that the W3C have agreed to maintain these documents with their ".html"
> file extensions.

Up to now, .html has been the only game in town for document markup.

For image formats, we typically leave off the extension. Now that SVG is
a Recommendation, we'll probably start publishing several versions of an
image, so that you get the best format your browser supports.

 - Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447