Re: Document License prohibits profiles?

Le jeu 04/11/2004 à 15:49, Lofton Henderson a écrit :
> That may be the place to find the answer.  But the question is definitely
> relevant here, to our work.

Absolutely; as a matter of fact, I realized it more at the end of my
mail than at the beginning :) Nevertheless, there may be nothing to
worry about (e.g. if site-policy says that's ok when said in the spec),
so I think getting first an answer there would be better.

>   We are investing a lot of energy into the
> topics areound "subdividing the specification".  Our ViS (supporting
> SpecGL) even recommends rules for profiles to support "derived profiles",
> e.g., by external groups.
>
> I will ask the question.  But I think QAWG should be prepared to take a
> position.

Agreed; thanks for raising this.

Dom
W3C/ERCIM