Re: f2f draft agenda posted

I also strongly agree that we need more time for TestGL.  It seems like
we've spent an inordinate amount of time on SpecGL (even before we received
all the comments) and very little time on TestGL. For SpecGL, we devised a
strategy, as a group, and even revised the strategy.  No corresponding
discussion was ever held for TestGL. Unless we have some quality f2f
discussion, we'll never advance TestGL.

Mark

  At 11:11 PM 2/26/2004 +0200, Dimitris Dimitriadis wrote:

>I second that, in addition want to stress the importance of bringing
>issues in sync with Spec and Ops (there's lots on terminology and sorting
>out issues that are inherently process and should therefore be in Ops, and
>issues that belong to a grey zone between the two). In addition, we want
>to have a clear picture of our issues since many of them have been posed
>by more than one person from different perspectives.
>
>Looking at the agenda draft (paste below), what about allowing for an
>extra hour and a half during the afternoon (from QAF CR major
>issues/wrapup etc)? Wrapup and future meetings is typically quite fast. In
>that case, that extra time would need to be minuted by someone else except
>for me since I'll take active part in the discussion.
>
>Tuesday AM -- 0830 - 1200 -- QAWG topics
>      Scribe: Dominique Hazaël-Massieux
>      Morning break: 1015
>       test questionnaire, results
>         Mary Brady presentation,
>         test deliverables review/status,
>         overview of TestGL issues list (**),
>           issue status update
>         TestGL/ET status and outlook.
>
>Lunch break: 1200 - 1300
>
>Tuesday PM -- 1300 - 1700
>      Scribe: Dimitris Dimitriadis
>      Afternoon break: 1530
>         QAF CR major issues (continued from Monday),
>         wrapup, future meetings, etc.
>

>On Thursday, Feb 26, 2004, at 22:55 Europe/Athens, Patrick Curran wrote:
>

>>I'm disappointed at the small amount of time allocated for TestGL. We're
>>behind with this effort, but we do now have a public issues list. As
>>we've seen, it's difficult to get responses to issues by email -
>>scheduling time for group discussion seems to be the most effective way
>>to make progress. We don't get together very often, and I really would
>>like to push forward on this.
>>
>>Is there any chance of shuffling things so we could spend more time on
>>TestGL?
>>
>>Thanks...
>>
>>Lofton Henderson wrote:
>>

>>>QAWG --
>>>
>>>The draft f2f agenda is at:
>>>
>>>http://www.w3.org/QA/2004/02/f2f.html
>>>
>>>Suggestions, questions, discussion are welcome.
>>>
>>>It's linked from:
>>>
>>>http://www.w3.org/QA/Agenda/
>>>http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/#agendas
>>>
>>>-Lofton.

Mark Skall
Chief, Software Diagnostics and Conformance Testing Division
Information Technology Laboratory
National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8970
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8970

Voice: 301-975-3262
Fax:   301-590-9174