Re: "Variability in Specifications" WG draft

Le lun 23/08/2004 à 03:10, david_marston@us.ibm.com a écrit :
> I think WCAG should be the primary example for functional levels, with
> DOM and/or CSS as secondary examples.

I've added WCAG as an example, with a new illustration.

> I think there should be some mention of Discretionary Items, such as
> the treatment that Mark mailed in, so that you can then say that
> modules are not the same. A module is a larger functional package, and
> the variability question for an implementer is whether to implement or
> not. A discretionary item is a decision point where the implementer
> chooses how to deal with a situation which they must address.

I agree with you that there should be something about discretionary
items in this document; however it won't make it for this publication;
I've flagged an issue on this in the document; more largely, I think we
should address the theoretical aspects of each DoV in it.

Dom

W3C/ERCIM
mailto:dom@w3.org