Re: Update on SpecGL

At 07:24 AM 4/26/2004 -0400, Lynne Rosenthal wrote:
>[...]
>I fear that we are diverging from our decision to work on a few things at
>a time, to concentrate our energies and do a thorough job before moving
>on.  It seems that we are proceeding as before - trying to do too much at
>once - that is, working on 3 documents.

We decided on two somewhat contradictory things.  The first is that general
principle -- work on fewer things at once, develop them better.  The second
(Tuesday, 2nd March at TP2004):  publish first draft of all parts of
new-QAF on 22 April.

It is my view that we need to have (very soon) a first draft of all three
remaining parts of QAF (from the original seven).  Reasons:

** it has been 6 months since we published (except TestGL);
** we need to show what the newer, better, much-publicized QAF looks like;
** we must take account of criticism of uneven level of maturity of
inter-dependent parts.

Other thoughts?

I'd be particularly interested to see an action plan and for-example
schedule, for implementing the piece-at-a-time approach.  While it sounds
good, I'm not sure I know what it would look like in practice.  What bits
of which of the three major parts would be developed, in what order, to
what level of maturity, etc.?

-Lofton.