Re: QA Handbook "Pink" Rewrites

First, thanks to Mark for delivering his AI right on schedule!

Some of them I agree with right off (e.g., simply dropping "QA" as a
modifier in some cases).

But about David's comments...

At 11:34 AM 4/23/2004 -0400, david_marston@us.ibm.com wrote:

>I was going through Mark's suggested changes, thinking each was a
>worthy change, but eventually "QA framework deliverables" began to wear
>on me and look too jargonistic.

I have a similar concern.  This issue began with Dom's comments, as you can
see in the 2nd section of

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-qa-wg/2004Apr/0030.html ,

where he wrote, "the generic "QA" process ... will be too fuzzy for most of
our readers."  He recommended that we need to evaluate at each occurrence
whether we're talking about the generic (so fuzzy is okay), or specific (so
we should change).

Proposal.  Continue email discussion, and do the point-by-point evaluation
after FPWD of QAH.

(That is purely for pragmatics -- almost zero telecon time, and minimal
editor's time before FPWD.)

>The key to this issue is the question is: Whose framework is it? Does
>the term mean
>(1) deliverables under *the* framework issued/imposed by QAWG
>or
>(2) deliverables under *a* framework of the WG's own designation?

Good questions.

Those, together with some of the ideas in your penultimate paragraph
(below) should be discussed further -- email and meetings after FPWD.

-Lofton.