Re: QALites and relevant W3C documents

Hi Lynne,

Le 08 avr. 2004, à 00:45, Lynne Rosenthal a écrit :
>  1.  Pubsrules [2]:  Document versioning is tied to conformance, for
> example “if a technical report with no changes that affect conformance
> to a previous Rec, then the edition number is changed and no change to
> revision no”. . Last year, Susan Leach asked us about this.
>  --relevant to SpecLite probably under Quality Control. We probably
> should mention something, but not go into details

I'm not sure I understood the requirements or the question, would you
mind to give an example? Sorry.

>  2. Tips for Getting to Rec Faster [3]. As part of its push to
> encourage technical quality, interoperability and consensus, it
> advocates, “develop test suites and other supporting materials in
> parallel with the Rec track document.  Talk to people in the QA
> Activity about existing tools and test suite frameworks.
>  --supports TestLite

===> TestLite provides you a lot of good guidance to get to Rec Faster.

>  3. How to Organize a Rec Track Transition [4]. Test suites are
> addressed as part of the request for CR and beyond for implementation
> information.  “Are there test suites. What is the relation between
> test suite and conformance to the TR? Is QA situation generally clear
> and satisfactory? Do tests demonstrate/evaluate all features
> implemented? Links between the tests and features being tested? Are
> test suites planned? Coordination with QAWG?
>  --relevant to TestLite

I would say more QA Handbook, like it's likely to be the chair and the
staff contact who will request the Transition call. Though some of the
stuff could be used in SpecGL

>  4. The essentials of a specification [5].  Lots of good stuff here.
>  --relevant to SpecLite

Yes

>  5. Conformance [6].  Talks about specifying conformance as being like
> an equation.  Also a section on Tests. Not very comprehensive.
>  --relevant to Spec, TestLite

	Old stuff
	It might be good, at a point, to add a link in this page to a new
intro document on these notions.
	AI?

>  6. Architecture of the WWW [7].  Section on Extensions.  Karl has
> addresses some of these in an email [8] and in the Wiki
>  --relevant to SpecLite.

Yes definitely
W3C Conformance Manager
*** Be Strict To Be Cool ***