Re: QA Ops Guidelines and Dom WG

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Dear Philippe, Dear Ray,
>
> We have received so far no official answers from the DOM WG with
> regards to the Implementation of QA Ops GL. I heard that you said no on
> a teleconf, but I have no record of this decision. Could you confirm?

The official answer is "No".  While we greatly appreciate the goals and
expertise of the QA Ops GL, the DOM WG is out of charter within 90 days
having hopefully finished all chartered activities with no plans
to renew the activity.  Our priority is to complete the chartered
activities as they were originally chartered.  To do a better QA job
takes more time, energy, and resources than we have at this time.

Were we to recharter DOM, I would advocate using these guidelines,
building them into all of our specifications.

I apologize for the lack of an official answer previously.

Ray Whitmer
ray@xmission.com