Re: Outline of Boston presentation

I think that one of my outreach visits at Boston will turn out to be almost
100% "In-reach", rather than mostly outreach with some feedback
solicitation ("in-reach")

So I want to focus on this slide:

At 12:54 PM 2/17/2003 -0800, Patrick Curran wrote:
[...]
>* Feedback & Next Steps
>
>   What do you need from us?
>   What can we do to help?

Dimitris (1/18 minutes) suggested that we ought to also consider "Next
Steps for the WG".  I think that the slides on "Spec Guidelines" and
especially "Operations Guidelines" can take care of that (unless I
misunderstand), especially with migrating Ops to near the end of the talk.

So for purposes of discussion, here is a proposed refinement of the
Feedback slide, with some focus topics...

--- start slide---
* Feedback for QAWG & IG

What do you think of:

- QA Framework Last Call documents;
- Existing tools and resources (Library, Matrix, Comma-tool, ...)
- other?

Possible new services, tools, projects:

- Perform SpecGL reviews on request
- Consultation about SpecGL reviews
- Forms and tools to help implement OpsGL
- SpecGL validator (a ",SpecGL" tool)
- A dedicated Test Task Force working with WGs
- Data about existing test technologies and techniques [B1]
- On-demand consultancy to (WG) TM projects [B2]
- Tools & toolkits of general usefulness to (WG) TM work. [B4]
- ....???... [B3]
- other?
--- end slide ---

Notes about this:

a.) It is too long, obviously.  So... condense?  Split?  Both?
b.) We are re-chartering in 6 months.  That is the context of the second
sub-set of stuff.  Which direction should we move?
c.) The list assumes infinite QA staff resources.  Obviously we can only do
the highest priority stuff, or else grow the QAWG a lot.
d.) The numbers [B1] - [B4] are a representation of the 4 deliverables
bullets in the draft TTF charter [1] (but I couldn't figure out what to do
about the 3rd bullet).

Those bullets are:
    *  Provide information on existing Test Technologies and techniques
used and developed by Working Groups in the W3C and other interested
parties (information can be documents, tutorials, web sites and so forth)
     * Provide on-demand expertise to Working Groups seeking to produce
such materials
     * Assure uniformity in Test Frameworks and Techniques produced, as
explained in other QA WG documents (ensure that tools conforming to QA WG
Test Guidelines documents are used and, where applicable, reused by as many
WG as possible).
     * Develop tools and tool kits of general usefulness to help WGs
develop test materials, resources allowing.

Comments anyone?  (esp. The Outreach Five)?

-Lofton.

[1] http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2003/01/qawgttf-20030122.html