Re: Outline of Boston presentation

Hi Patrick,

wondeful work, Congrats!!!

At 12:54 -0800 2003-02-17, Patrick Curran wrote:
>* How the QA-WG can help
>
>   We can't do your QA work for you
>     We don't have the resources nor the domain-specific expertise
>   We do provide guidance, tools, and processes

Which tools? :) a list even for us will be good to establish and will
help us to identify what's needed by W3C and WGs

1. Templates.
We have the ,new tool which is very practical to prototype documents
and could reduce tremendously the burden of an author or an editor.
If we design good templates, we can help people to focus on editing
content and not worry about markup.

2. Templates for spec. Again.
There's already a template when you create a new WD, but imagine you
have a template that help an author to draft a feature for a spec.

You have a form and you design:
	Element name: [             ]

                       [                       ]
	Testable Assertion: [                 ]

	Examples:     [                       ]
                       [                       ]
                       [                       ]

And this markup could generate a kind of "QA standard" markup that an
editor could add in his Working Draft.

3. Issues Tracking -> Guide for http://www.w3.org/Bugs
4. Planning for organizing different calls and different stages of a
specification.

Other simple things? Let's come with simple ideas, easily implementable.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---