Re: Test materials home - can it be TR space?

At 14:54 -0800 2002-01-23, Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:
>Interesting issue has been brought up inside of W3C mail lists -
>         May test materials be published in TR space?
>My thinking is - "No", because test materials are more dynamic and
>should be easily refreshable with new contributions. I propose we
>indicate this in QA F:Proc&Ops guidelines, since this question was
>asked several times.

My answer is no too, but for another reason. The dilution of the TR
space. The TR space is really perceived outside as something which is
really important, by the information it can contain. (Another issue
with that, is the presence of the "Note" document in the TR space).

So I'm much more in a favor of another place. Two possibilities:
	- a directory in the QA/ webspace reserved for test suites.
or	- a directory in each activity reserved for test suite.

	Examples:
	http://www.w3.org/DOM/Test/
	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Test/
	http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/

I think the second solution is better. Because most of the time the
test suite is under the responsibility of the WG itself.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---