Re: Comment on Fmwk:P&O, guideline 4

QA Process/Staff.

http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/framework-20020201/qaframe-ops.html#b2ab3d147

At 10:45 -0500 2002-02-27, lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov wrote:
>Guideline 4.  Establish the QA Process
>QA process describes the responsibilities and functions needed to
>enable the WG
>to produce QA materials.  The process should ensure that the work is
>accomplished in an open, consensus-based manner.  It should address the
>procedural issues, communication channels, and structure and staffing.

One of the major issue we have wrt to the allocation of staff in a
Working Group, is that the QA resources often come as a second step.

It would be better if when the Team contact is writing the Activity
Proposal or he's writing the charter of the WG, that the resources
have to be allocated to the activity as a commitment like
deliverables.

It means that if members wants to start such WG, they have to find
someone or a several persons to create a QA pool. Does it seem
reasonnable enough?
It could be the same for writing the spec and things like that.

You could imagine that in the charter of the WG, you find a table of
the human resources needed to do the job and so that the WG can only
start its job when the resources are found.

It seems to be stricter, but when you usually start a department in a
company, you are trying to find all the people necessary to operate
them.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/