RE: license for submitted TM

At 06:44 PM 12/15/02 -0800, Kirill Gavrylyuk wrote:

>Lofton,
>Is this about a license under which the materials are published or a
>license under which the test materials are being submitted?

Submitted.

>I do owe some answers to Joseph Reagle for the 1st one, so I believe
>it's still an open issue.

Right, this one is pending -- on hold till we finish conversation w/
Reagle.  Note that I re-opened issue 49 (about "published"), as a result of
new input and arguments from Joseph.

>I agree that the second one is an agreement between a specific submitter
>and the W3C and therefore hardly could be made common for all.

Do you have any opinion about whether we should modify CP5.3?  E.g.,
instead of just requiring WG to publish at least one suitable submission
license, perhaps a submission license policy -- an outline of terms and
conditions -- would suffice as well?  I.e., a set of constraints and
principles, under which individual submission licenses would be derived
between the WG and submitter?

-Lofton.