Re: Patent Disclosure

As Karl points out, this MUST be done before we can publish SpecGL.  So
please start the process.  We can discuss briefly at Wed telecon.

I myself have two questions:

1.) From pubrules, "A statement about the number of patent disclosures as
of publication and a link to a public disclosure page (even when zero
disclosures). See the SMIL 2.0 Patent disclosure page as an example."

Interpretation?  Is it required that we have a response from *every* member
before publication?  Or only that we have the disclosures document in
place?  I'm a little concerned that some of the companies' legal
departments cannot move that fast (esp the larger companies).

2.) Scope of statement.  As I understand it, our minimal requirement for
SpecGL publication is to have disclosures that affect implementation of the
specification in question, i.e., SpecGL.  Is this correct?  I.e., our
initial patent document,

>         http://www.w3.org/QA/WG/2002/08/Disclosure

refers to all deliverables listed in the QA charter.  If some company might
have some issues/delays about some of the other deliverables on our list,
but not about SpecGL (the 5th bullet on the deliverables list), then we
could proceed in two steps?  A statement about SpecGL now, and about the
full list when companies' "legal" can sort it out?

-Lofton.