W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-multimodal@w3.org > June 2016

Multimodal Working Group call, June 20, 2016

From: Deborah Dahl <dahl@conversational-technologies.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:21:21 -0400
To: <www-multimodal@w3.org>
Message-ID: <01f101d1caff$0678db30$136a9190$@conversational-technologies.com>
Here are the minutes of today's call. 

 

http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html

 

and below as text.

 

   [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                               - DRAFT -

 

                                  MMI

                              20 Jun 2016

 

   [2]Agenda

 

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-mmi-wg/2016Jun/0006.html

 

   See also: [3]IRC log

 

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          Debbie, Helena, Kaz

 

   Regrets

          Dirk

 

   Chair

          Debbie

 

   Scribe

          Kaz

 

Contents

 

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]actions

         2. [6]use cases

         3. [7]discovery and registration

         4. [8]WoT

     * [9]Summary of Action Items

     * [10]Summary of Resolutions

     __________________________________________________________

 

   <scribe> scribe: Kaz

 

   <scribe> scribenick: kaz

 

   kaz: SCXML workshop is listed: [11]https://www.w3.org/

 

     [11] https://www.w3.org/

 

actions

 

   -> [12]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/open

   actions

 

     [12] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/open

 

   action-441?

 

   <trackbot> action-441 -- Kazuyuki Ashimura to Submit bullet

   points on mmi to the wot landscape document on github -- due

   2016-06-13 -- OPEN

 

   <trackbot>

   [13]https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/441

 

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2002/mmi/Group/track/actions/441

 

   kaz: submitted the text to GitHub

   ... and am waiting for the approval of my pull request

 

   close action-441

 

   <trackbot> Closed action-441.

 

use cases

 

   ddahl: Dirk is not here today

   ... put a couple of comments for the automotive use case

 

   -> [14]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized Use

   Case wiki

 

     [14] https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized

 

   ddahl: comments on UC-12 Smart Car Platform

 

   ->

   [15]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-12:_Sm

   art_Car_Platform smart car platform

 

     [15]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-12:_Smart_Car_Platform

 

   ddahl: added comments to the "Description" section

   ... Dirk said he would add some more text to this Use Case

   ... any news on the automotive work?

 

   kaz: the Automotive WG is discussing two portions

   ... JS API and network interface

 

   ddahl: online/offline processing?

 

   kaz: related to location information

   ... probably need smarter mechanism than the gelocation api

   ... automotive wg has restarted their LBS (location-based

   service) work

   ... think we need to have some datamodel to handle location

   information

 

   ddahl: what about the work of the geospatial group?

 

   kaz: not sure

   ... maybe good timing to see their work again

 

   ddahl: ok

   ... Helena, do you have any comment on the Use Case 19?

 

   ->

   [16]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-19_Han

   dling_millions_of_components Use Case 19

 

     [16]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#UC-19_Handling_millions_of
_components

 

   ddahl: anything to be updated?

 

   helena: the idea of complex model

   ... a MC has an IM itself

   ... remote orchestration work

   ... independent of controller

 

   ddahl: more like a requirement?

 

   helena: think this is a requirement

   ... also multiple IMs for one application

   ... how to handle that?

   ... how they communicate with each other?

   ... similarity of clusters

 

   ddahl: do you think we need to have some new mechanism?

 

   helena: a way to handle a cluster

   ... with a high-level IM

 

   kaz: would like to agree

   ... similar to the WoT Servient model

   ... like ants and the queen ant

 

   helena: maybe each MC doesn't have global view and just

   concentrate on their own task

   ... and like the orchestration use case, they might have a

   high-level manager

 

   kaz: maybe we could create a guideline Note on how to use the

   MMI Architecture for this kind of use cases

 

   ddahl: we could publish a Note on detailed description on each

   use case

   ... architectural examples for the MMI Architecture

   implementations

 

   kaz: right

 

   ddahl: had a smart hotel room use case

   ... and a smart car example

   ... and this millions of MC example

   ... we might want to pick up another one

   ... any use cases from the WoT viewpoint, Kaz?

 

   kaz: smart home and smart factory, etc.

 

   ddahl: have accessibility use cases too

 

   kaz: might want to categorize the use cases from that

   viewpoint?

 

   ddahl: the use cases are too high level

 

   kaz: think it might be useful to add specific "viewpoint",

   e.g., industry, accessibility, to the use case description

 

   helena: can add some analysis from TPAC 2015 to the use case

 

   ddahl: perfect

   ... also we can ask the group for specific use cases

 

   <ddahl> ACTION: helena to write up the use case of millions of

   images from TPAC and send to the group list [recorded in

   [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   01]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-443 - Write up the use case of

   millions of images from tpac and send to the group list [on B

   Helena RODRIGUEZ - due 2016-06-27].

 

   ddahl: we already have description, motivation, dependencies,

   etc., for the use case template

   ... and we could add "viewpoint" too

 

   kaz: yes

   ... for example, industry requirements, accessibility

 

   ddahl: maybe "specific industry" like home use/everyday use

   ... factory, hospitality, etc.

 

   kaz: yeah

   ... and motivation or merits could be also described from

   several viewpoints, e.g., customer's viewpoint and provider's

   viewpoint

 

   ddahl: ok

 

   (updated the template on the wiki)

 

   ->

   [18]https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#Template_

   for_Use_Cases use case template

 

     [18]
https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases_Categorized#Template_for_Use_Cases

 

   ddahl: Helena, would you characterize your use case by online

   shopping?

 

   helena: retail

 

   ddahl: adding retail and automotive too

   ... would be a good idea to publish specific examples

   ... the other thing is vocabulary

 

discovery and registration

 

   ddahl: have you been working on that?

 

   helena: we decided some new names

   ... not in the minutes

 

   <ddahl> [19]http://w3c.github.io/mmi-discovery/vocabulary.html

 

     [19] http://w3c.github.io/mmi-discovery/vocabulary.html

 

   ddahl: put the link above

   ... are you still waiting?

   ... anything to do before publication?

   ... good to have the description on what the video controller

   would do

 

   helena: not sure if the video controller use case would be the

   best

 

   ddahl: do you want to redo the description with other use cases

   like the millions MC?

 

   helena: ok

 

   ddahl: we might want to integrate state management and

   vocabulary

   ... but good to have this description first

   ... is this GitHub version the latest one?

 

   helena: no, will update it

 

   ddahl: ok, I'll give feedback to the new one

   ... helena should redo the description on the vocabulary

   document

 

   <ddahl> ACTION: helena to revise the vocabulary document with a

   new description [recorded in

   [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   02]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-444 - Revise the vocabulary document

   with a new description [on B Helena RODRIGUEZ - due

   2016-06-27].

 

   <ddahl> ACTION: helena to update vocabulary document in Github

   [recorded in

   [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   03]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-445 - Update vocabulary document in

   github [on B Helena RODRIGUEZ - due 2016-06-27].

 

   <ddahl> ACTION: debbie to review updated vocabulary document

   [recorded in

   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   04]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-446 - Review updated vocabulary

   document [on Deborah Dahl - due 2016-06-27].

 

   <ddahl> ACTION: kaz to review updated vocabulary [recorded in

   [23]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   05]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-447 - Review updated vocabulary [on

   Kazuyuki Ashimura - due 2016-06-27].

 

   <ddahl> ACTION: debbie to check on status of APA review of

   state management [recorded in

   [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   06]

 

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-448 - Check on status of apa review

   of state management [on Deborah Dahl - due 2016-06-27].

 

WoT

 

   ddahl: any update?

 

   kaz: had been working on the updated IG charter

   ... sent to the AC

   ... now working on 4 documents

   ... Use Case/Requirements, Architecture, Tech Landscape,

   Current Practices

   ... people are interested in Architecture and Current Practices

 

   ->

   [25]http://w3c.github.io/wot/architecture/wot-architecture.html

   WoT Architecture

 

     [25] http://w3c.github.io/wot/architecture/wot-architecture.html

 

   ->

   [26]http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.ht

   ml Current Practices

 

     [26] http://w3c.github.io/wot/current-practices/wot-practices.html

 

   [ adjourned ]

 

Summary of Action Items

 

   [NEW] ACTION: debbie to check on status of APA review of state

   management [recorded in

   [27]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   06]

   [NEW] ACTION: debbie to review updated vocabulary document

   [recorded in

   [28]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   04]

   [NEW] ACTION: helena to revise the vocabulary document with a

   new description [recorded in

   [29]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   02]

   [NEW] ACTION: helena to update vocabulary document in Github

   [recorded in

   [30]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   03]

   [NEW] ACTION: helena to write up the use case of millions of

   images from TPAC and send to the group list [recorded in

   [31]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   01]

   [NEW] ACTION: kaz to review updated vocabulary [recorded in

   [32]http://www.w3.org/2016/06/20-multimodal-minutes.html#action

   05]

 

Summary of Resolutions

 

   [End of minutes]

 
Received on Monday, 20 June 2016 14:22:02 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Monday, 20 June 2016 14:22:03 UTC