[use cases] FW: collecting comments on use cases. OPENPAU project (PhD. Jesus Garcia-Laborda, Teresa Magal-Royo)

Forwarding a proposed MMI use case to the list.

Thanks to the OPENPAU team for their interest and suggestions.

From: teresa magal [mailto:tmagal@degi.upv.es]
Sent: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 4:31 AM
To: Deborah Dahl; García Laborda Jesús; terele
Subject: Re: collecting comments on use cases. OPENPAU project (PhD. Jesus Garcia-Laborda, Teresa Magal-Royo)

El 16/07/2015 a las 23:29, Deborah Dahl escribió:

I would like to invite you to review a set of multimodal interaction use cases that the Multimodal Interaction Working Group is collecting at

https://www.w3.org/wiki/MMI/Use_Cases. This is very much a work  in progress, and definitely will need a lot of fleshing out.

We’re very interested in your comments, which can be sent to this list.

Dear Miss Dahl,
Thank you very much for the invitation to participate as a reviewer in the Multimodal Interaction Working Group.

Also I would like to introduce a new item relates to a research project we have done in Spain on the use of an interface for an English exam for students has been developed with the Moodle SDK©  for Tablet PC using the following inputs (keyboard, voice and touchscreen)

UC-15: English standardized tests through MMI interface. OPENPAU project

Submitter(s): Jesus Garcia-Laborda, Teresa  Magal-Royo

Reviewer(s):

Tracker Issue ID:

Category:  Computer Aided Learning language, Accesibility, MMI educational interfaces, Second language skill adquisition.

The OPENPAU is a research project funded by Spanish Government for 3 years and has worked on a navigation interface (keyboard, voice and touchscreen) to develop english tests using Moodle©.

1.    Multiple modalities has been to access the contents for second lenguage adquisition e-Learning.

2.    MMI Architecture has been used to synchronize multiple modalities of input navigation.

Motivation:

Specific developments to improve the accessibility of educational contents for language learning environments by using MMI interfaces or via keyboard, voice and touchscreen.

Dependencies:

1. HTML5, CSS
2. Moodle©
3. TabletPc
4. Accesibility
5. Chrome (voice recognition browser automatically integrated)

Gaps

1.       Specific developments in Moodle© (OS) that allows access to educational content accessible via keyboard, voice and touchscreen synchronously.

2.       Specific examinations or tests of skill acquisition in languages as a second language in Moodle © (OS) that allows access to educational content accessible via keyboard, voice and touchscreen synchronously.

What needs to be standardized:

6.       Specific educational developments in Moodle © (OS) that allows access to content accessible via keyboard, voice and touch in synchronously.

7.       Oriented user interfaces in conducting tests that allow the use of integrated MMI navigation.

Comments:

--
*Teresa Magal-Royo PhD.*
Associated Professor. Profesor Titular de Universidad.