From: Doug Schepers [mailto:schepers@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 10:53 AM
To: Tom Underhill
Cc: www-multimodal@w3.org; Debbie Dahl
(dahl@conversational-technologies.com); Kazuyuki Ashimura
(ashimura@w3.org); smwatt@gmail.com
Subject: Re: InkML Diagrams?

Hi, Tom-

Tom Underhill wrote (on 2/22/11 7:06 PM):
> Hi Doug,
>
> The original vector files for the orientation diagrams were lost, but
> Iıve recreated them using Visio. Attached is the (new) source Visio
> document and the figures saved as both SVG and PNG files.

Great, thanks very much!  (You know me too well, providing the SVG files
as well...)

> Iım looking forward to the Web Events touch and pen events being
> implemented in browsers.

Me too.

>Iım working on a javascript library for
> displaying and capturing InkML in current browsers and the current lack
> of standards for gathering touch or pen input is problematic. Here is
> the prototype page showing InkML rendered on a page:
> http://tunderhill.members.winisp.net/inkml2svg/. Near the bottom of the
> page you can also scribble new ink into a canvas (currently implemented
> using mousedown/move/up events).

I couldn't get that to load (I'm on a Mac, so I didn't boot into Windows
yet).  I'm getting an HTTP Error 503: The service is unavailable.

Have you seen my inkml2svg script?
   http://schepers.cc/svg/inkml/InkML2SVG.svg

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs