Re: mime type for cHtml??

Gerhard Fasol <fasol@eurotechnology.com> wrote:

> > Since most i-mode pages are encoded in format other than us-ascii, they
> > should also have a charset parameter on that media type
>
> Yes: with a few exceptions all imode pages are in Japanese.
> The encoding is "Shift-JIS".
>
> Here are some META tags we use for imode sites we develop in our company:
>
> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=x-sjis">

This is incorrect.  The correct charset name is "Shift_JIS".  See:

    ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/character-sets

and also:

    http://www.nttdocomo.com/i/tag/meta.html

Though, the situation will become complicated if a page contains
picture symbols not defined in JIS X0201:1997 nor JIS X0208:1997 ...

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium