Re: WAP Competitors ?

"Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org> wrote:

> At 12:24 00/03/06 +1100, Andrew Scott wrote:
> > Both WML and compact HTML have been submitted to the W3C as notes. Also,
> > HDML (basically the predecessor to WML) has also been submitted to the
> > W3C in the same way. You ought to be able to find these with a search.
>
> Please see http://www.w3.org/TR.

Or more conveniently, please look at:

	http://www.w3.org/Mobile/#submissions

Note that unlike WBXML, WML hasn't been submitted to the W3C.

> > There is a formal liaison process between the WAP Forum and the W3C for
> > converging the standards. I don't think anything similar exists between
> > NTT and the W3C.
>
> No. But NTT is a member of W3C.

More precisely, NTT DoCoMo is also a member of the W3C.  We don't need
a formal "liaison" process with members.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium