Re: Request for review: CC/PP specifications

Dear Sir,
Here are some initial thoughts on the document at
http://www.w3.org/TR/CCPP-struct/
I will draught them up at a later date into a formal document at our site
(WAP Tech Info).

1. The entire structure of CCPP is based on upcoming standards: RDF, XML
Schemas etc. Will anything be done to ensure that the CCPP documents can be
changed if the RDF &/or Schemas documents undergo rapid changes before
recommendation? (I suppose as it is a first draft, it will!)

2. How would this proxy system be set up? I realize that the WAP
Specifications call for a form of proxy set up in a WAP gateway, but how
long will this tak to implement? - surely the move over to CCPP will take an
astonishingly long time. In the meantime as WML2 becomes a recommendation,
how will we synthsize our efforts with CCPP?

3. I quote:
> For instance, a transcoding proxy may be
> able to convert HTML to WML.
Not possible. It may be possible to convert from XHTML to WML though, using
XSLT. We are currently working on the situation to produce the appropriate
XSLT files. I suggest that this be changed to:
> For instance, a transcoding proxy may be
> able to convert XHTML to WML.

4. "We plan to define RDF subset syntax for CC/PP for easy to
use/understand/implement." - Under the circumstances, this may very well be
needed!

5. Quote:
> What is needed is a general purpose, extensible user profile...
Extensible? Why extensible - surely any extensions to it aren't going to be
widely accepted outside of recommendation; unless by extensible you mean to
include new user agents etc. as they come along, but as all of that is just
CDATA, and processed by external agents only, need we bother?

Thank you for your time,
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
President and Founder