Fwd: AC Meeting 2024 Meeting Lightning Talks (call for proposals)

Passing this along to the group in case someone has an idea they want to
try to get others interested in...

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Philippe Le Hégaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 9:51 AM
Subject: AC Meeting 2024 Meeting Lightning Talks (call for proposals)
To: W3C Advisory Committee <w3c-ac-forum@w3.org>, <chairs@w3.org>, ab@w3.org
<ab@w3.org>, <tag@w3.org>

Dear Advisory Committee Representative, Chairs, AB, TAG,

The W3C AC Meeting agenda is not yet final but we will have time for
lightning Talks on April 8.

Lightning talks are an opportunity for members to present their views on
any topics related to W3C or the Web.  We intend for lightning talks to
be very brief - no longer than five minutes (including 2 minutes for
questions).  These talks are intended to inform the Membership of an
interesting topic, demonstrate and attract attention to new work, or
attract new collaborators to projects. We especially encourage new
topics and speakers, and can facilitate remote speakers.

An ideal lightning talk might take the form of "Here's a
problem/opportunity, and some thoughts how we might collaborate on it" -
providing background and context on the topic, a demo or description to
stimulate the AC's interest, and a call to action (and link to an
appropriate forum to discuss it).

You're not required to use the AC meeting slide template [1], though you
may.  We must ask that all presenters be prepared to share their slides
*prior* to their presentation in a readily accessible format (e.g. HTML
or PDF).

To participate, please email me (plh@w3.org) with submissions, detailing
1) who the speaker is, 2) a brief paragraph describing the talk, and 3)
a title.

Thank you,

Philippe

[1] https://www.w3.org/2024/Talks/ac-slides/Templates/Overview.html