Re: MathML Core authoring tools?

Hi David,

Just a quick comment you may find underwhelming - "absolute value" is not a
MathML Core construct in any sense, so the file I had in mind wouldn't test
that.
A file testing "intent" would, but that's (for the current discussion) a
separate topic.

I think the relevant TeX test for MathML Core would be:

 \left| A \right|

where we'd like to generate the layout-oriented:

<mo fence="true">|</mo>
<mi>A</mi>
<mo fence="true">|</mo>

Another related comment is that such a test file wouldn't target the
"canonically correct" MathML Core tree, but rather "one of the many
possible" MathML Core trees - as there is a lot of room for advanced
customization in styling, as well as element scaffolding (e.g. the
granularity of wrapping <mrow> elements).

Greetings,
Deyan