Re: ForAll & its mate

On 23/11/2016 23:07, Hal.sz S.ndor wrote:
> When I last looked at such names, they were short and all in small
> letters. Now I see that they are longer, and capitals are in them. If I
> had known that change was a-coming, I would have suggested that the
> other quantifier than ForAll get another name besides that which it got,
> one much more a complement to "ForAll", namely "ForSome". If not all
> people like something, then some people do not like that.

Changing the names has quite a high cost (as it involves getting changes
into HTML) there has only been one new name introduced
since the original MathML set was proposed in 1998 so there has
been no change here for 18 years:-)

Of course in local XML processing you can easily define any names that
you like. For a published XML it is usually best to expand all the
entities out to character data, even the standard ones, as an XML
fragment using an entity reference is not well formed once it has
lost the <!DOCTYPE reference to the dtd definitions.

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.