Re: [MathML4] Whitespace and attributes canonicalization in MathML VS HTML5/CSS

On 01/08/2016 22:33, William F Hammond wrote:

> Frédéric Wang <fwang@igalia.com> writes in part:
>

> A specific point:

>> For example, <math><mspace width="1E1em"
>> height="10em" mathbackground="red"/></math> draws a red
>> square in WebKit but Gecko says "1E1em" is invalid.
>
> 1E1 is ridiculous.  For one thing, to my eye, it's 10.0
> (floating point) -- implied by the E notation -- rather than
> simply 10
>
>                                     -- Bill

? the length is a floating point quantity here. 1E1em isn't valid mathml
syntax but it seems perfectly reasonable suggested extension, isn't it?
10em is same as 10.0em and could have been the same as 1e1em if we'd
specified it that way couldn't it?

David

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.