Re: lmoustache/rmoustache as stretchy delimiters

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 17:21:12 +0100
To: <www-math@w3.org>
On 28/08/2015 16:05, Frédéric Wang wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> It seems that lmoustache/rmoustache have been used as MathML stretchy operators for a long time. For example, itex2MML provides the \lmoustache & \rmoustache commands to generate these delimiters:
>
> https://golem.ph.utexas.edu/~distler/blog/itex2MMLcommands.html#itex2MMLDelim
>
> and Gecko has entries for U+23B0 and U+23B1:
>
> https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/layout/mathml/mathfont.properties?offset=300#1137
>
> However, the MathML Operator dictionary does not contain any mention of lmoustache/rmoustache:
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/appendixc.html
>
> Should they be added to the official MathML dictionary or are they excluded on purpose?
>
> Frédéric

I'm fairly sure they were not excluded on purpose.

{ and } have

          <operator-dictionary priority="20" form="prefix"
symmetric="true" fence="true" stretchy="true" lspace="0" rspace="0"/>

          <operator-dictionary priority="20" form="postfix"
symmetric="true" fence="true" stretchy="true" lspace="0" rspace="0"/>

so I suspect exactly the same entries could be added to [lr]moustache?

David
[speaking personally, not a WG decision]

The Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 1249803. The registered office is:

This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Microsoft Office 365.