Re: New Editions of MathML3 and XML Entities specifications published.

I'm building a database of Unicode character properties from various
sources.
I was also considering to import from W3C XML Entity Names unicode.xml but
had not luck in finding a description or spec for the meaning or
application of data items contained in this file.
Some exemplary questions:
What exactly does it mean for a character to have a @mode value of e.g.
"text" or a @type="other"?
What are the applications for this information, what is it used for (at
W3C)?
What are the elements  AMS, APS, ACS, AIP, etc used for (I can understand
the acronyms).
To what version of Mathematica does element Wolfram refer to?
etc
Although there is a formal rnc schema fro unicode.xml, there seems to be no
authoritative documentation of the data items in this file.
Can anybody please help me with gathering these field definitions?
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Chris