Re: [XML-Entities] Question regarding some Unicode sequences

Hello David,

Thanks for your response. I understand the situation. Do you think it
makes sense to add a note to the following paragraph of the working
draft regarding this issue? (from
http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/#chars_math-multiple-tables)

> "The entities race and acE denote underlined characters for which Unicode does not have codepoints, thus combining underline characters have been used, in a way analogous to the use of combining strokes for negated operators."

Also, a general question comes to mind; what is the policy of MathML
regarding character entities which are currently not encoded in UCD,
but might be in the future? In many cases the mere fact that a
character is part of MathML repertoire provides a good rationale to
include it in Unicode. Obviously, being backward compatible is
essential, but on the other hand, it should be possible to have such
data added to "unicode.xml" for the reference of contemporary and
future implementations.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Shervin